2018 Annual Meeting
June 7, 2018 @ 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM| Free
See old friends. Make new ones!
Celebrate our community and achievements.
Renew your spirits for the work ahead!
Our Annual Meeting brings together the JPNDC “family” — members, residents, donors, participants, volunteers — to break bread, elect our board, and honor some special people and organizations with our Community Building Awards!
And, of course, door prizes! Child care will be available.
Contact us to learn more.
- Ramona Alvarez and Juan Tejada, El Embajador Restaurant
- In recognition of their efforts to protect their business and fight the threat of displacement, which is affecting a growing number of local businesses
- District E-13 Community Service Officers
- With gratitude for exemplifying the best in community policing, particularly in their work engaging local youth
- Arnold Johnson, Crosswinds Construction
- Richard Fowler Award: In appreciation of his community spirit, leadership and lifetime commitment to creating opportunities for people of color in the construction field
- Dianne J. Maloney
- With great appreciation for her positive spirit, strong commitment to her co-workers and our organization, and the high professional standards she sets, all of which make her a highly valued member of the JPNDC family and an excellent steward of JPNDC’s finances
- Gabriela Mendoza
- With appreciation for her diligent and effective representation over several years in helping local businesses avoid displacement and continue to serve their community
- Joe Vallely
- Nate Smith Award: With love and appreciation for his 25-year service as a JPNDC board member, his moral witness and a lifelong devotion to organizations and campaigns working to promote peace and justice
- 125 Amory Street Tenants Task Force
- Gina Rector
- Indalecio Martinez
- Stephanie Colson
- Walter Stevenson
- Willie Watkins
- In honor of their work as board members of the 125 Amory Street Tenants Task Force, which has demonstrated persistence and commitment to bringing residents together to build a strong community